Thursday, December 11, 2008

Old posts up to this point.....

From my other posts:

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thurs am
Trever just called from the hospital and the docs determined April's heart will never work on it's own. They are now inserting the portable pump and April awaits a transplant.I'm going to create a separate blog tonight just for April, so I'll send that link out when it's ready.PRAY PRAY PRAY!JBPS- It's 11:17 am...I have no idea how to 'set the clock' on this but it says I'm posting at 8 something in the am. It's wrong.
Posted by Jeanie at 8:18 AM 0 comments
Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm such a dork.....
I just realized I didn't post my address...it's419 S Hawthorne RoadWinston Salem, NC 27103Just address any envelopes to me and maybe on the back write 'for Darrell and April' or something. I don't get alot of fun mail, but with Christmas cards coming, I'll know what's for me and what to take to them.Pray Pray Pray!JB
Posted by Jeanie at 8:55 PM 0 comments

OH! I forgot one thing...
Many of you wonderful people have emailed or asked on the phone if there was anything you could do to help. There's nothing we can really do but PRAY, and I expect that from each of you!! But one tanglible thing that could help, and let me state outright I in no way expect this of anyone as the economy's stinking and we are all in different places financially, but gift cards would be wonderful for the family. They are having to eat out, her mom and aunt/uncle are paying for a hotel, and all the little expenses encountered during emergencies. Restaurant-specific cards or gas cards would be fine, but a generic Visa Check Card would probably be the best option, as the family could use them for whatever need arises.So with that, giftcards of an amount would be much appreciated. By the way, Darrell is going to KILL me when he finds out I'm posting this, but I'll take one for the team. I just realized I don't know Ape and Darrell's home address, and have no idea the address at the hospital, so you can mail anything to me. I'll post my address below. I'll take them to Darrell as I get them. You can also post any comments to April/Darrell on this site, and I'll print them and take them as well. Again, NO obligations! Well, except praying!J
Posted by Jeanie at 7:39 PM 0 comments

Weds update
Hey Everyone!Trever made it to NC today, and we trekked over to the Duke Hospital to visit Ape. She is doing remarkedly well, and is WRITING notes to everyone. She is fully alert and coherent but is still of course, hooked up to everything. Trever and I got to run in the ICU and see her a minute and she wrote that she was really glad we could be there, and she had told Darrell earlier with a note that she wanted a Mtn Dew! :) Tomorrow is a big day. They are taking April in and opening her up again, and turning the pump off and testing her heart. We are praying it starts pumping again, but the MDs told April and Darrell the tests today showed significant damage and he didn't think it would really work on it's own. BUT he also told us it would days before she would respond, and now she's writing us notes. He said if her heart doesn't cooperate, they are going to implant the portable pump while they have her in surgery. She would then go home in a week or so, depending on her response and progress, and wait for a heart. PRAY PRAY PRAY!!! I told April tonight that people all over the world are praying, and she wrote that she definitely knew God was working or else she wouldn't be doing so well. :)PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!Jeanie
Posted by Jeanie at 7:08 PM 0 comments
Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sleep? PRAY!

So all, I can't sleep. I'm online begging all to pray for April. Pray, pray, pray. I want her (as does Darrell, Grace, Jean and the family) to be 1oo% healed. Pray pray pray. Please. Grace needs her momma. Darrell needs his wife. Jean needs her daughter. I need my Apey. PRAY!
Posted by Jeanie at 9:59 PM 3 comments

Pray for April!

Hey all,
Darrell (April's husband) called me early this morning and told me Ape had a heart attack last night. I talked with her on the phone for over an hour last night, and then she spoke to her mom, and then went to get ready for bed. He said she told the EMS worker it felt like someone kicked her in the chest, and then she fell in the floor. She coded while in the squad, and they took her to Wake Med. She coded again there, and they did a bypass (I think) and decided she needed to be transferred to Duke. I got there around noon, and April had just gotten out of surgery. She is stable but critical. Forgive me first for my lack of correct usage of medical terms..this is how I understand it. The docs said the next 24 hours are the most important of her life up to this point. If she wakes up on her own, they'll start weaning her off the "pump" that is acting as her heart to see if her heart will function again on it's own. If not, they've already started the ball rolling for getting on the transplant list. If she doesn't wake up in the next 24 hours, they'll do neurological testing to determine if there was brain damage during her 3 codes (she coded again today before surgery). The Duke doc told Darrell that in all his years of medicine, he had never seen anyone under the age of 65 have this happen. Darrell said the doc said "April's artery split." I have no idea what that means. The doc said he had no medical reason to tell us why this happened. The praise part is that when I left at 5:00, April was responding to simple commands (Grip my hand, move your foot-type commands) and she was nodding her head appropriately to questions. For instance, I asked her if she knew me and she nodded yes, and I said "Am I Trever?" (our other childhood friend/college roommate) and Ape nodded no. I then told her Trever's flight came in at 3 tomorrow and we'd see her around 3:30 and she nodded a big yes. So pray. Pray April continues to improve. Pray for her husband Darrell as he makes decisions and cares for April. Pray for Grace, their two year old who has bronchitis right now, and is at home with Darrell's mom, and with her little world rocked. And pray for April's mom, Jean. She's lost alot in the last 7 years and she's really struggling today (like throwing up in the bathroom and almost passing out once.)
Feel free to email me (jbaird9@juno.com) but I'm about to lose my voice so I more than likely won't answer the phone soon. :) Sorry for the long note.
Thanks!
Jeanie
Posted by Jeanie at 7:49 PM 1 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment